Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Writer’s Life for Me (Comfy Clothes and All)

 

Wow, running a little late on this one, as it’s technically fifteen minutes into Saturday already.  My head is swimming with articles and amendments to the Constitution, structures of governments, and rights of citizens.  But I took a break to watch a little TV, and now I’m going to get down to Five Question Friday.  Then I’ll get back to the studying.

five question friday



1. If you could have been (could be) any profession you wanted (brains and $$$ no problem) what would it be?

No question, I’d be a novelist.  I don’t know when I first had the urge to write a book, but it was a really long time ago, and it hasn’t left me yet.

2. How often do you clean out your car?

As rarely as possible; usually only when I know I’m going to need to transport additional people and/or cargo, so I have to make room.  So, a word to the wise: never ask me for a ride unexpectedly, as I will most likely have to tell you no.

3. Do you wish there was such a thing as fashion police or are you deeply relieved?

Absolutely relieved, as I’m sure repeat offenders such as myself would ultimately end up in fashion prison, where they’d force you to be all glammed up, with accessories and coordinating shoes.  That would definitely be cruel and unusual punishment.  And, which branch of the government would they fall under, anyway?

4. What's your go to food/drink/activity when stressed?

Food:  Mexican, from my very favorite place, Ted’s Café Escondido.  Drink:  A giant Coke from Sonic.  Activity:  Blast the radio and dance and sing like a mad woman.

5. If you had twins, what would you name them?

Hmm.  I never even considered the possibility of twins, so I don’t know.  I do know I’ve never been keen on twins who have matching names, so I wouldn’t do that to them (though I’m actually sort of fond of the idea of Michael/Matthew).  But, any boy I had was destined to be a William, so if he’d had a twin, they probably would’ve been named Matthew or . . . Hmm again.  I also never really considered the possibility of a girl, though I don’t know why.  Maybe Elizabeth or Melissa. 

Well, that was light and easy this week.  No controversy, no deep dark secrets.  And, no more excuse not to go read a few more pages of poli-sci before bed, I suppose.  If you want to play along, link up with Mama M over at her page, but please do let me know so I can drop by and visit.  Or, as always, answer any/all that strike your fancy in the comments; I’m always interested to hear what others have to say.

Have a good weekend, everybody!