Friday, August 10, 2012

Look, It’s Five Question Procrastination

 

My day has not been very productive.  There are things I need to get done, but don’t want to do them.  And there are other things that I feel like I should want to do, but I really don’t want to do those either.  That’s how it’s come to be almost 1:30 on a Friday afternoon and I’m still in my pajamas.  And, of course, all that means there’s really nothing left to even think about doing except the newest round of Five Question Friday, so bring it on.

five question friday

 

1. Thunder storms- love them or hate them?

I can love them, but there are conditions.  I have to be inside (preferably at home), with no place I need to get to during the storm.  It can’t have any unreasonable wind associated with it.  And, it can be neither a sudden torrential downpour of many inches of rain in a very short amount of time, nor prolonged heavy rain, as both those circumstances generally lead to flooding in my house.  As long as we all agree on the rules, I am perfectly fine with a thunderstorm.

2. Do your kids get back to school clothes

He did when he was actually a kid in school.  Now that I think about it, I’m going back to school in a couple of weeks, do I get new clothes?

3. Do you golf? Do you watch it?

Brian really likes golf, though he never plays.  Perhaps if we are able to retire at an age where we’re still relatively mobile, I’ll try to learn to play and we can go out together.  At this point, I have played only once in my entire lifetime, and scored in the triple digits.  If you aren’t familiar with golf, trust me when I say that’s bad.  I think Brian might’ve been surprised that anyone could be so uncoordinated and incapable.  As for watching, we do watch it often.  Or, more accurately, Brian watches.  I tend to nap.  But I have to admit that there are sometimes some remarkable shots.  And the courses?  Beautiful.  If the courses around here looked like the courses on TV, I’d be much more motivated to learn to do it right.

4. Showers or baths?

Showers.  I would love to soak in a tub that was long enough and deep enough to actually stretch out in and be covered with water, but that tends not to be the case, so I’ll stick with showers.  We actually have a tub in our bathroom that’s never been used in the entire 14 years we’ve lived in this house.  It’s currently the home of the bags of clothes I’ve been pulling out of my closet for donation.

5. What's the strangest meal you ever ate?

Well, I don’t really eat strange food, so that’s a hard one.  Back when I was a kid, we used to eat cow tongue.  I don’t know why; maybe it was cheap.  I seem to recall thinking it was okay, but I guarantee you I would never eat it now, so maybe that’s the strangest meal ever for me.


Well, that’s it for this week’s edition of 5QF, and it took less than half an hour.  From the distracting-me- from-doing-things-I-should-be-doing standpoint, it leaves a bit to be desired, as now I’ll have to find some other reason not to tackle my more important tasks.  Still, it’s always fun, so do play along.  Join up in the blog hop if you’re so inclined, or simply leave your answers in the comments below.  I love to know what others think.