Sunday, August 12, 2012

Snapshot Sunday #2

 

Welcome to the second installment of Snapshot Sunday.  You can check out the inaugural edition to find out why I’m doing this theme.

First, the shots from the daily photo challenge.  I’m still having fun with this, and encourage you to check out Fat Mum Slim’s site if you’d like to play along. 


5.  Logo

 

  Prompt:  Logo.  Lawry’s, on seasoned salt in this case.  I love this stuff.  When I was a kid, I’d pour a little pile in my palm and just lick it off.  Now I recognize the health reasons to avoid eating pure (or almost pure) salt, so I refrain.  Mostly. 


6.  Writing

 

 

  Prompt:  Writing.  Working on my daily blog post.


7.  8 O'Clock

 

 Prompt:  8 O’Clock.  As with most of the time-centered prompts, there’s really only one option for me (I’m rarely out of bed before nine, and not likely to set an alarm just to take a picture.)  Anyway, after days of 100+ temperatures, it was refreshing to be cooling off a bit this evening. 


8.  Glasses

 

  Prompt:  Glasses.  Since my the drinking utensils for my family typically have logos from restaurants or theme parks, these are considered my “good” glasses.  Pretty sure I got them at Wal-Mart for $2.50 for a pack of four.  Really, I’m happier with the plastic.


9.  Messy

 

  Prompt:  Messy.  Anyone who knows me at all knows that this would not be a difficult capture for me, clutter queen that I am.  Really, in my case, the only decision to be made would be just how messy I’d be willing to show the world.  The easy shot was my current pile of messy mail.



10.  Ring

 

  Prompt:  Ring.  I’m not much of a jewelry girl, so the obvious approach for this prompt wasn’t doing it for me.  I was tempted to do some sort of screen-capture from the Games that are currently capturing the world’s attention, but—even highly edited—I’m pretty sure that’s a pretty strictly copyrighted image, so why risk that?  But I do have several key rings, including this one.  Though it makes me sad to think that the Star Trek Experience no longer exists out in Vegas. 


11.  Purple

 

    Prompt:  Purple.  Last night’s dinner, with a little bit of editing help from pixlr-o-matic.  My sister was just recently telling me how good bacon is on a PB&J, so when I posted the pic on Facebook, she had to ask if I had tried it out.  I definitely love me some bacon, but I’m pretty much of a purist when it comes to peanut butter and jelly.   



And what else have I been snapping photos of this past week? 


squirrel on feeder

 

  

 

 

   As I mentioned last week, the bird feeder is a popular spot.  Unfortunately, it’s also become popular with the squirrels.

 


Cardinal and Squirrel

 

 

 

This isn’t a great picture, but I like it.  If you look closely, you can see a cardinal on a branch over on the left, waiting patiently for the squirrel to finish up and move on.


woody cropped

 

 

  He never ventured to the feeder or bath, but we did have a visiting woodpecker.  I’ve had a glimpse of what I believed to be woodpeckers a time or two before, but was never able to see them so clearly, or when I had my camera. 



Clouds

 

 

 

And, lastly, a cloudy sunset sky from that same cool evening when it was only 82° outside.



So that’s my week in pictures.  Some nice moments, I think.

What’s been going on in your life this week?  I’d love to hear about it in comments, or even link me back to your own photos where I can see what’s been happening with you.