Tuesday, August 21, 2012

School Daze

So, my on-campus classes begin tonight and I have to admit I'm a little bit nervous. I've got all these first day jitters running through my head. What if I can't do it? What if I don't like it? What if I'm too old? And, I'll even admit a little bit of but what if I don't fit in? Of course it occurs to me now that sitting in the classroom and blogging about the first day of school is probably not the best way to go about fitting in.

Still, it's exciting beginning something new, even if I am a little bit nervous about it. It's exciting being around new people, exciting to be learning something that I've been interested in for really long time, exciting just to be out of the house for a while! I think it's a very good thing.

There'll be more to come tomorrow, and I'll tell you all about the first day and all the amusing (or not so much amusing) details that go on as this 40 something-year-old tries to make her way in the college world. For tonight, just wish me luck.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. Good luck to you and enjoy your new adventure. I teach at a college and we all love the older, returning students! They are usually very insightful, engaging, motivated, and appreciative! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that, Linnea. I hope I have those qualities enough to make my instructors glad to have me, too!

      Delete
  2. Luck! I went back as a 30-something, and being around all the "kids" was a bit intimidating. But I made it through, and I know you will too. Have fun with it, and take advantage of the fact that most professors love the older students. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa. It's still sort of intimidating to know I'll be past 50 by the time I graduate, but sometimes you gotta take the bad with the good.

      Delete