Sunday, August 19, 2012

Snapshot Sunday #3

 

Welcome to Sunday!  It’s been a pretty low-key week for me, mostly just hanging out, feeling whatever I was feeling, and getting myself mentally prepared to begin school next week.

Now that the weekend is winding down, it’s time for the weekly round up of pictures recently known as Snapshot Sunday, so let’s get to it, shall we?

First, the daily entries for Photo A Day:

12.  Spoon

 

  Prompt:  Spoon.  The spoon here is pretty ordinary, but what it’s in?  Skinny Cow ice cream is yummy!

 

 

 



13.  Simple

 

  Prompt: Simple.  There is nothing simpler than some chocolate chip cookies made from ready to go cookie dough.  Not much better, either.



14.  Arrow

 

  Prompt:  Arrow.  Lots of arrows while paying for a drink at my favorite place, Sonic.

15.  Ready

 

 

  Prompt:  Ready.  Dinner is ready.  I had intended to shoot the casserole dish full of the chicken breasts all nice and juicy out of the oven, but dinner was late that night, and I was in a hurry to get it dished up—almost forgot to snap a picture at all!

16.  Food

 

 

  Prompt:  Food.  Yeah, we’re a bit of a pre-packaged family.  Not the healthiest choice, I will grant you, but pretty darn tasty.

17.  Faces

 

  Prompt:  Faces.  Three of my favorite faces, Brian, Tanya, and Taylor.  Posing for me after my birthday dinner at Olive Garden.

18.  Inside

 

 

  Prompt: Inside.  Inside the theater yesterday, waiting to see The Odd Life of Timothy Green.  I thought it was really good.

Fun, as always, deciding what to use for the daily prompts.  If you want to join in the fun, be sure to check out Fat Mum Slim.

As for the rest of the week . . .

Stars 1   

   This past weekend brought the annual Perseids meteor shower.  I set my alarm for about 3:00 Sunday morning, only to go outside and find the sky covered in clouds. I’d been out about five minutes when it actually started to rain.  It didn’t rain hard or long, but there was no point in waiting it out, because the clouds stayed behind.  I called it a night.

 



Stars 2

 

I tried it again Sunday night/Monday morning with better luck.  Clear skies and not a drop of rain.  However, I did discover I have neither the skills nor the equipment to photograph shooting stars that could appear from any direction and at any time.  Still, it was a beautiful night, and I saw 22 of the meteors while I was out there.





Cardinals on birdbath

Cardinals

                                   

The area of our yard I like to call the “bird resort” is still a popular photo object for me, especially when the cardinals come to visit.


Rain

Rain Trees

 

    And, finally, to end the week,  some much-needed rain. 

What did your week look like?  Tell me all about it in the comments.