Friday, June 29, 2012

Questions for the Summertime

 

Another week, another Friday.  Time to take a peek and see what’s brewing in the mind of Mama M and her question-generating buddies. 

As for my mind, not a lot going on there—things are just kind of in a holding pattern at the moment.  Billy has a job interview this morning, so I guess that’s on my mind; hoping he has better luck than his mom.

Okay, let’s get down to it and see what kind of questions we’ve got in store this week . . .

five question friday


1. What's your favorite childhood snack that you still eat as an adult?

Hmm.  That’s a hard one.  I’m still awfully fond of banana pudding, though I rarely eat it, mainly because I never make it.  Same with custard pie.  But in terms of a snack, something to grab and just have a quick bite, I think I’d have to go with black olives.  I can still eat those by the handfuls.  But I have outgrown the tendency to stick them on all my fingertips before eating.  Mostly.

2. What food will you not eat the low fat version of?

Milk.  I’ve tried, and I just can’t do it.  I’ve switched to light versions of grated cheese, Miracle Whip, Cool Whip, refried beans, ice cream, salad dressing, and who knows what else, but I cannot break away from 100% whole (fattening) milk.

3. What's your favorite way to cool off during the summer?

My favorite way?  Sitting in an air-conditioned house with a fan blowing enjoying a chocolate chip milkshake.  Mostly I have to make do without the milkshake, though.

4. What's your favorite summer read?

Reading material doesn’t really have a season for me, but I guess if I were laying on a beach with no plans for the day, I’d enjoy having a good Stephen King book in my hand.  Of course, that would be true if I was laying anywhere, any day of the week, with a few hours to kill reading.

5. What are you doing to stay cool in this awful heat?

Making the electric company happy by running my AC, wearing as few clothes as possible, and spending a bit of time in the pool each day.

Do play along, won’t you?  Add your blog to the linky list, put your answers in the comments, or even create a note on Facebook.  Any old way you want to participate would be great.

2 comments:

  1. Olives yum havent had any of those for a number of years now

    enjoy your Summer wont you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I had to add some to my shopping list to make sure I had them for the upcoming holiday week!

      Delete