Friday, June 1, 2012

Beautiful Day (May Photos, Day 31)

 

The final challenge this month is “something beautiful”.  I’m a pretty firm believer that beauty is all around us, so I wasn’t too worried about finding something to serve as subject matter today.

The first beautiful thing of the day was good word from Philadelphia about Po023p, my father-in-law.  The procedure to stop the bleeding in his brain was successful, and he seemed to be recovering at the expected pace.   I’d say at 99, it’s too soon to say he’s out of the woods just yet, and he’ll probably be in the hospital for at least a couple of weeks longer, but this is definitely a beautiful start.

Next up would be the official entry for the photo challenge.  So I took my camera out on my morning walk, certain that I’d find something for the theme. 

But, before we get to that, let me say that I’ve had an excellent time with this challenge; I am so glad that I found it.  To be honest, I wasn’t entirely sure I could complete the whole month (sometimes I get distracted and lose track of things I’ve started), so the fact that I succeeded is something else beautiful, as far as I’m concerned.  And, it’s been so much fun, I’m planning to move right into the June challenge.  I hope lots of people will join in.

Anyway, not to move ahead too quickly, let’s finish up May.  I was right; a simple stroll through my neighborhood provided ample opportunity to capture something of beauty.  In fact, as is often the case, I had several options from which to choose.  But, I may have mentioned before my fascination with butterflies, so since some of those gorgeous creatures were out and about this morning, it’s probably not a surprise that they won out.

31.  Something Beautiful

But, like I said, I had lots of things to choose from.  When I’m out for an hour or so with my camera, I can easily snap up a couple of hundred frames.  Not that all of them are beautiful, of course (thank goodness for digital!), but I did end up with some alternate contenders.  So, I picked a few of the top runners-up (and even the winner) and threw them into a collage.  I’m lucky to have so much beauty within a mile or two of my home.

Beautiful Neighborhood

 

 

 

  My beautiful neighborhood

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Here’s hoping your day was as beautifully filled as mine.

2 comments:

  1. good news about Pop Ill keep praying

    I LOVE butterflies too

    and you do live in a beautiful place :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's very pretty around here, though not in the "traditional" sense of towering mountains, crashing waves, etc. But our neighborhood is just country enough to be pretty and city enough to be not much of a hassle to go out and get things. (Except we don't get pizza delivery; that's kind of a bummer.)

      And thanks for the prayers; can never have too many.

      Delete