Monday, July 22, 2013

Snapshot Sunday, July 21

 

Photography word cloud 7-22-13

I love taking pictures, I really do.  And I especially love taking pictures of things that aren’t just “events”—you know, birthdays, vacations, holidays, etc.  I like to just snap photos of the things I see around me in life.  That’s why the photo-a-day challenge really appeals to me, because it gives me a reason to take at least one photo every day, and even gives me some direction on the kinds of things I should be on the lookout for.  Sometimes people need some encouragement to be creative.  Or at least I do.

What I don’t like, though, is when I feel swamped by life, which makes me feel like I have no time to be creative.  I used to write pretty regularly in a couple of fandoms, now this blog is the only writing I manage to keep up.  And, I used to enjoy playing around with editing the photos I would take, seeing if I could improve them or just shake things up a little bit, but now I click the shutter and hardly even go back to look at the picture once it’s taken.  That is no fun at all.  But I suppose it is life; the things we enjoy don’t always get to be the things we spend the most time on.  How horribly unfair. 

Still, I haven’t given up on photography entirely.  I’m still snapping the daily photo (at least most days), and even more often than that things that I see make me think of a photograph.  I don’t always have a chance to take them, but I’m always glad to know that I haven’t quit noticing the fleeting moments, even if I don’t always take the time to capture them for posterity.  So even in the overwhelm of life, creativity never completely fades away.  Thank goodness.

How do you keep up with the things that are important to you, even when life gets in the way?


bee

Just one of the random photos in my files that I’ve always sort of liked.