Friday, July 12, 2013

Five Questions and a Helping of Exhaustion

 

A big, huge, TGIF!  Only three more weeks of summer session, and then I’m hoping life will begin to feel just a little bit normal again.  And maybe I’ll even start getting a normal amount of sleep.  Tonight, my goal is to be in bed by ten.  That sounds absolutely glorious!

Anyway, it’s Five Question Friday, so let’s check in and see what’s going on.


five question friday


1. Would you rather pay for house cleaner or spa day?

As a one time splurge, or a regular happening?  If it’s the former, then spa.  I’d like to treat myself to a nice massage and a bit of pampering.  But if a regular thing, I’d rather spend the money on housekeeping.  I sorely hate cleaning; consequently, it doesn’t get done all that often.  If I had quite a bit of disposable income, I’d definitely spend some of it on house cleaning services.

2. Who plans what gifts you get for holidays, you or your spouse?

Me, entirely.  Every once in a while Brian might accompany me on a shopping excursion and put in some small amount of feedback, but neither of us really enjoy that too much, so I try to keep it to a minimum. 

3. How many hours of sleep do you get? Do you need more?

Right now?  I’m getting by on an average of about five hours a night.  Do I need more?  Absolutely.  As I’ve probably mentioned at some point, my perfect amount is about nine hours, though I’m pretty functional on about seven.  Fewer than that, and I start feeling it after only a few days.  Fewer than five, and I feel it immediately.  I’m on week six of that five-ish average, so, yeah, I definitely need some shut-eye.

4. Do you like your hair long or short?

I’ve been wearing it shortish for quite a long time now.  If all things were equal, I’d probably prefer it longer, but all things are not equal, and when it was longer, my hair was so heavy it caused me to have pretty frequent headaches.  I have enough headaches without putting another five pounds on top of my head making it worse.  Besides, even with my hair short, it takes at least fifteen-twenty minutes to dry my hair; there’s no way I’d want to spend the time necessary to dry long hair.

5. When was the last time you were pulled over and what was it for?

Ummm . . . It’s been long enough ago that I really don’t remember it.  I’m sure it was for speeding, though now that I write that, it sounds pretty bad.  It’s not that I speed often, it’s just that that’s what people get stopped for.  I’ve tried to rack my brain, and I’m going to guess it’s been about ten years since the last time I was pulled over.  I hope that doesn’t mean I’m due sometime soon.

 

And that’s it.  Now I’ve got about an hour before my self-appointed bedtime, so the question becomes whether I should do a little homework, spend it browsing Facebook, or just add an extra hour to my sleep cycle.  Oh, that last one sounds oh so tempting.

Happy weekend to you all.