Saturday, July 27, 2013

Five Questions Interrupted by a Nap

 

It’s Friday, Friday, Friday!  Of late, this has become the night I get my best and longest sleep of the week, so I’m looking forward to making that trend continue.  So, let’s get to the questions and I’ll get to my bed.

five question friday


1. What is your best secret cleaning tip?

Hahaha!  If you could look around my house, you’d know the answer to that without asking.  Actually, my big tip is to let someone else do it for you!

2. What is your favorite food to snack on during movie night?

Buttered popcorn or Junior Mints.  That’s movie snacks, as far as I’m concerned, at least at the theater.  We don’t really have too many movie nights at our  house, but I’d think similar snacks would be called for.

3. If it was up to you, what would you have named the royal baby?

Not George, I feel quite certain of that.  Nothing against all the fine and upstanding Georges, of course.  And, I have to admit, I’m a big fan of Alexander.

4. If you could be any Disney character who would you choose?

If it’s okay to blur gender lines, I think I might want to be Simba.  He’s got the obligatory traumatic childhood, of course, so that’s kind of a bummer, but he’s good and kind, makes the most of a bad situation, and is willing to step up and do the right thing when called upon.  I suppose on some level, that’s just about a blueprint for any Disney hero, but I’m still going with  Simba.  He’s cute and he’s got good music.

5. What's the most important part of a healthy relationship?

Honesty.  Or maybe laughter.  Or communication.  Oh, that’s hard to say the most important.  But my first instinct was honesty, and I think I’m still going with that.  It really doesn’t matter how much you’re talking or laughing if it’s all lies anyway.

Okay, so remember when I said I was looking forward to my bed?  Well, that was many hours ago as apparently I fell asleep sitting right here on the couch typing up these answers.  I must’ve needed that sleep more than I even knew.  But, it’s now just after 5:00am, and I can tell already I’m going to have a kink in my back and my neck from the weird angle I’ve been at; I think I’ve mentioned before that I’m getting far too old to be comfortable sleeping on a couch.  My bed is going to feel extra good now!

So, good night, or good morning, and I hope you all have a pleasant weekend ahead.