Sunday, December 22, 2013

Snapshot Sunday, December 22

 

It’s not that I’m bored with the Photo a Day challenge already.  I mean, not exactly.  I’m taking the pictures, but they’re not particularly inspired.  I think the problem is that all the prompts are holiday related.  Well, they don’t have to be, of course, but I think it’s safe to assume that’s the intent, when you’ve got things like “tree”, “on the door”, and “sparkly”, all during the month of December.  And the problem with that is that I have a harder and harder time getting into the holiday spirit as I age.  I don’t like it, but it’s true.  Thus, uninspired photos that aren’t really worth sharing.

So, instead, I’ll share with you some pics from a couple of events of this week: a dress-up day at work and an ice storm that blew through the area this weekend.

First, the office silliness.  Apparently, in days past, the office has done an ugly sweater day, but our office manager decide that was becoming old hat.  Instead, she decided we should have a TuTu Cute Christmas day, wherein we would all dress as a holiday character, but accessorized with a tutu.  It was silly, and I really could’ve better spent my time on things other than making a tutu, but it was still fun.  We had everything from a snowman to Rudolph to Charlie Brown, and all sorts of things in between, including my gingerbread man.

Tutu 12.22.13


And then there was the ice.  It came in Friday evening, and it’s still here.  We’ve lost a lot of trees, though fortunately none that have come crashing onto our house.  The up side of things is that the roads have miraculously stayed clear all weekend long—probably because we’d had several unseasonably warm days before the storm. As I commented yesterday, the ice really is pretty; it’s just too bad it tears things up the way it does.

Ice Storm 12.22.13


And that’s it for this week’s Snapshot Sunday.  Maybe by next week I’ll feel better about the daily pictures again.  Or maybe not.  We’ll see. 

Here’s hoping you all have a great Monday and a wonderful week.