Monday, December 9, 2013

A Rocky Start

 

So, you know that thing where you wake up feeling like crap all over, and you know you can’t drag yourself to work because you’ve got a bit of a fever and you can’t stray too far from a bathroom for too long?  But you argue with yourself, because you’d hate for anyone at the office to think you just had a rough weekend and are making excuses.  (Do people think that about 50 year old women?  I don’t know, but I know I hate calling in at all, but especially on a Monday.)

And after all that debate, you finally just accept that you’ve got to stay home, so then how you sleep on and off all day, just wanting to shake whatever bug is making its home inside you? 

And, then, how nighttime rolls around, and you don’t really feel good, but you don’t really feel tired because you slept so much during the day?  Are you with me so far?

Well, after all that, add in the fact that you’ve not only got a lot of work to do the next day, but a final exam the next evening, and I’ll be glad to tell you that it pretty much sucks. 

However, I did see a random Facebook post today that reminded me of a gift idea I’d had for someone earlier and then totally forgotten I wanted to get them, so that’s good—assuming I remember it long enough to actually buy it. 

Either way, color me not thrilled with this week so far.