Tuesday, October 1, 2013

I’d Rather Be Watching Television

 

Timely as ever, David Letterman is poking fun at the government shut down, the ACA website crashing, and national parks being closed to tourists.  It would probably be funny if it wasn’t so annoying.  And the furloughs are already becoming a pain here at my household.  Brian would normally be sleeping right now, and I would finally have been able to see last week’s premiere episodes of Big Bang Theory.  Instead, he’s trying to file a claim for unemployment (which no one can tell me if he’s actually eligible for), and raising both our blood pressures fighting with the damn website.  So, I managed to play the whole first BBT episode, though I certainly didn’t get to give it my full attention.  And by the time the second ep had started I finally had to give up and turn it off.  It’s bad enough this whole political debacle is messing with our livelihood; when it starts messing with my TV, that’s really taking things too far.