Sunday, July 6, 2014

Working Woes

 

I’m conflicted.  A couple of years ago, I was unemployed and just beginning to toy with the idea of returning to school.  Then I buckled down, learned a new trade, and got myself a new job, because that’s what we’re supposed to do, right?  I mean, I do want to contribute to our household, and to society if I can.  Especially now, when hubby and I are making serious plans about retirement in the not-so-distant future and the work it’s going to take to get to that day.

On the other hand, I can’t deny that I enjoyed that summer with no job.  Once I moved past the depression of having lost my job, I mean.  But, really, I could work out every day, any time I wanted.  I could write, read, watch TV, go for a walk.  Brian and I got to have dinner together every night, something that pretty much only happens on the weekends these days.  Honestly, though I’m grateful to be working, there is a lot to be said for unemployment.  If only I could figure out some way to pay my bills!