Friday, July 18, 2014

Where’s the Good News?

 

I’m hiding from the news today, and I’m not ashamed to admit it.  With crazy fighting in the Middle East (even more than normal), and an airplane apparently shot down from the sky, there’s nothing uplifting to be found there today.  As I scroll through my Facebook feed and see post after post filled with dismay and anger, along with arguments and theories, and even some justifications, I find myself hoping that future generations are not looking back at these days to explain the start of WWIII. 

At home, there’s been an amber alert issued for a five month old child, who’s believed to be with a mentally ill person who has recently reported visions of seeing the little girl die in two days.

So, yeah, I’m hiding from the news today, and praying the world finds some peace.