Thursday, July 31, 2014

Throwback Thursday, July 31

 

A while back, my brother-in-law posted on Facebook about a fun way to waste a few hours (like anyone needs help finding that online, right?)  Anyway, he shared a site called The Nostalgia Machine, which really will suck you right into some kind of time warp.  It’s a nice collection of popular music, organized by year, so you can take a trip back to your childhood, or street cruising days, or just last year to the song that kept you bopping during your morning commute. 

The site isn’t anything fancy, just a bunch of links to YouTube music, but that’s okay, because it’s still fun to just hop around and relive the sounds.  Though, I think it’s just one more indication of my advancing age that I know more of the songs the further back the years go.

Which brings us to today’s selection—a song from the year of my birth.  I’ve always liked this song, though it certainly has a bit of melancholy to go along with its mildly peppy chorus.  (And, if the rumors are true, and it’s really a disguised drug anthem, well, I was far too young to recognize the possibility when I first grew to love the song, and now I just refuse to accept it.)

Enjoy this song, then pop on over to the site, and enjoy a whole bunch more.  Go on; it’s fun.