Monday, December 3, 2012

Thoughts of Days Past

 

mom and son on bike 12-3-12

  For as long as I can remember, I’ve wanted to be a mother.  Probably because I had such an amazing example, I never realized how difficult a job it could be.  When Billy was a baby, and then a growing child and a teen, there were times when I was pretty sure I didn’t have a clue what I was doing.  But the light at the end of the tunnel was always how much easier I thought things would be when he was grown.  Now, most days, I’d give anything to go back to those “harder” times.  Because even though I might have felt a little lost from time to time, I always felt connected to him.  He enjoyed talking with me, playing with me, just being with me.  We’ve lost that connection now, and I miss it.  Really, he’s a little lost now, and I miss him.  I hope that one day he’ll find his way back to me.

 Image courtesy of Vlado at FreeDigitalPhotos.net