Friday, December 28, 2012

Five Questions Before Bedtime

 

Today dawned a little brighter, at least from the health perspective.  (It was snowing when the day began, so no bright dawning there!)  I’ve managed to stay awake all day, and found that I actually do okay as long as I don’t move too much or too quickly, and don’t try to eat anything too ambitious.  Still, it’s an improvement, so I’ll take it.  Not that we ever do anything special to ring in the new year, but I still don’t want to be sick when it rolls around.

But, enough of that.  As promised, Mama M. has returned with questions this week, so let’s drop in and see what’s what.

five question friday

 

1. If you had to give 1 million dollars to just one person (not your spouse), who would it be and why?

Well, like Mama M., I wonder if the spousal exclusion applies to other members of your household.  If it does not, I’d probably give it to my son, though I’m fairly certain that would cause some arguments with my husband.  He’s not a big believer in giving things to people who have not taken steps to fend for themselves, and Billy is not always the most responsible person in the world.  But he’s still my kid, and I can’t imagine not doing anything in my power to make sure he has the best life possible.  But, if members of the household are all exempt, then I imagine I’d give the money to my sister, Tanya.  She still has a younger son to raise, and probably put through school, so it would be a great benefit to her not to have to worry about where money was going to come from.  Plus, I know if I needed a loan, she’d float me a few dollars!

2. What bathroom stall do you typically go to FIRST?

Oddly, it sort of depends on how big the bathroom is.  In smaller bathrooms, usually the last one before the handicap stall.  In larger facilities, just somewhere along the middle.  Mostly, I just don’t typically go into the very first one, though I couldn’t tell you why.  Also, if it can be avoided, I don’t like to be in stalls that everyone will have to pass by, or that are directly across from the sink.  I guess we all have our idiosyncrasies. 

3. How do you prefer to shop: In-store or online?

They’ve both got their advantages.  Assuming cost is not part of the equation, it goes like this:  If I know exactly what I need (and I don’t need it right away), I’d prefer just to order it and have it delivered to my home.  But if I need to browse, or compare features or something, then I’d rather go to a store.  Also, it’s rare that I buy clothes online; you can just never be sure about fit and all.

4. What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

It’s been kind of cold since Christmas, and, as I mentioned, it was snowing this morning.  (Check out the link below to see a bit of this morning’s flakery in my yard.)  Of course, ever since our trip to Alaska last summer, Brian always likes to keep tabs on the weather in Fairbanks, and we’re nothing like them.  I think it just makes him feel better to know that while it might be a chillingly cold 25 here, it’s a miserable –13 there




5. Do you own a pair of Tom's and what do you think? Overrated, underrated or about right?

Well, I don’t have any, and have no desire to do so, but my feeling is that they’re overrated.  Really, I think that any slip-on shoe that’s casual enough to be mistaken for a pair of slippers but still costs $50 (and up) is the very definition of overrated, but that could just be my own brand of close-minded prejudice speaking.  Of course, this is coming from someone that would prefer to never have to dress in anything fancier than jeans and sneakers, so it’s possible my fashion opinions don’t count for much. 

And, that wraps things up for this week.  Just in the nick of time, too, as I switched medicine an hour or so ago, and I think the new kind is messing up my head.  I might’ve been bragging too soon about my ability to stay awake, though I suppose there’s no shame (or not much, anyway) in going to bed at 10:30!  Hope you all enjoy what’s left of your Friday evenings, and have a great weekend.