Friday, December 7, 2012

Break Time!

 

do not disturb 12-7-12

                                                                        Image courtesy of digitalart at FreeDigitalPhotos.net



Whoo-hoo!  I had my last class of the semester today, so I am done!  Well, okay, not 100%, totally done, but almost.  I’ve still got to turn in my first legal memorandum for my research and writing class, but I’m sort of not counting that.  I’m not counting it because it is already essentially done, too; I’m just at the obsessing stage.  It’s written, cited, and formatted, but I can’t let it go just yet.  Every day I change a word here, tweak a phrase there.  Like I said, obsessing.  I might turn it in tomorrow, but more likely it will be next week.  Still, for all intents and purposes, the winter break has begun.

Of course, it’s the wrong time of the year to really get much of a break, since there’s always a lot of holiday stuff to do.  And even though holiday stuff is fun, it can still be a lot of work.  And stress.  But even after the new year, I’ll have a few weeks before classes begin again, so I’m definitely going to get some serious resting in.

My plans aren’t very concrete—walk if the weather’s nice, nap if I’m tired, clear off my DVR, take some pictures of holiday decorations, maybe use that spa certificate I’ve had for far too long and have a massage.  Basically just take some deep breaths and enjoy the down time.  As I said yesterday, I won’t be job hunting anymore, so no more countless hours of poring over job listings and filling out forms.  That’s a big relief right there. 

But, one of the things I definitely intend to do is get back to the blogosphere.  There are blogs I’ve been neglecting since the pace of the semester has really picked up, and I’ve missed them.  Some I read—though I have rarely been commenting lately—and some I haven’t even had time to visit.  It’s absolutely time to do something about that.  I’ll share with you a list of some of the places I’ve been missing, in case you’d like to spend a little of your own downtime browsing around and getting to know some good people.  There’s absolutely no particular theme to these blogs, except that they all make me feel good and like my visit has been time well spent.  There are a lot of places on the Internet that do not achieve either of those things, so those that do are to be cherished.

So, in no particular order, here are some of the friends I need to catch up with:

Jen, Snapshots

Roger, Ramblin’ with Roger

Candy, clhPhotography

Jeannie, For What it’s Worth

Melissa, The Bright Side

Miss Riki, Refreshingly Riki

Melinda, Musings

Donald, Rebooting This Crazy Life

Sara, Recovery Corner

Josie, Two Shoes in Texas

Liz, Eternal Lizdom

I met many of these fine folks this past summer while participating in the Ultimate Blog Challenge.  I tried again with the October challenge, but that was pretty much a bust.  It happens again in January, so I’ll be giving it another go, but I’m not waiting that long to reacquaint myself.  I’m looking forward to mingling in the virtual world again.  And, though it feels a little bit selfish (and lazy) to say this, I’m really looking forward to doing whatever I want for a while, which will likely be just a whole lot of nothing!