Monday, December 24, 2012

Snapshot Sunday #19

 

I’m not sure why it is that every single year I seem to forget just how much work Christmas really is, but it surprises me every time.  Still, I don’t know what I’d do without all the hubbub, so I guess I wouldn’t have it any other way.

But let’s get to this week’s pictures, shall we?  As always, prompts provided by Chantelle at Fat Mum Slim.

16.  Something You Made

  Prompt:  Something you made.  I’m sure many other folks showed something a bit more crafty (especially this time of year), but I’m settling for the night’s dinner—french toast and bacon.  Yum.

 

 

 

 



17.  On the Floor

 

  Prompt:  On the floor.  Brian, tools, and wire racks, as he installed my new sliding shelves in the kitchen.

 

 

 

 

 

18.  Makes You Feel Merry

 

  Prompt:  Makes you feel merry.  Cookie baking party with the PTK gang.  Group silliness, and fun was had by all.

 

 

 


19.  Something Beginning with S

  Prompt:  Something beginning with ‘s’.  Again, I’m sure others went for a more traditional approach, and I’ll admit Santa was appealing, but instead, I give you sitting geese.

20.  Weather

 

  Prompt:  Weather.  As the flag shows, it was windy, which is absolutely normal around here.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 




21.  Tree

 

  Prompt:  Tree(s).  A holiday display at the local mall.  (I had actually hoped to finish my somewhat crafty trees in time to use for this prompt, but it didn’t get done on time.  They’re done now, but no photos yet, but I’ll get there eventually.)

 

 


22.  Decoration

 

  Prompt:  Decoration.  This is a pretty bad picture, but the truth is, it didn’t look a whole lot better with the lights turned off.  The fact is, it’s just sort of an old, almost tacky Christmas decoration that has been part of my holidays for a really long time.  Years and years ago, my mom had one of these that hung in our home every Christmas.  I don’t remember for sure, but I think my paternal grandmother made it for her.  Anyway, then she made one for her parents, and they hung it in their house forever.  This is actually that one.  I’m not sure how I ended up with the one that belonged to my granny, but somehow I did, and I hang it up every year.  It’s really  not very attractive, but it lights up festively, and  it seems like home. 



And that’s Snapshot Sunday for this week.  There will be tons of pictures taken in the next couple of days (including with my new camera!), so maybe next week there will be more than just the daily photos. Or maybe not.  Really, with me, you just never can tell.  Winking smile