Friday, July 13, 2012

Music, Camp, and Footwear. Just Another Friday.

 

Here it is, Friday afternoon again.  That can only mean it’s time to tackle another set of questions from Mama M.

five question friday



1. What's your view on men wearing sandals (yay or nay)?

I’ve got nothing against it, providing there are no socks involved.  I’m sure women sometimes forget that the key benefit of sandals is that they are sock-free shoes, but I am certain I’ve seen far more men wearing the two together, and it’s a deal-breaker.

2. What song do you love but are embarrassed to admit?

I’ve got a lot of stuff on my iPod people would scoff at, say Air Supply and Barry Manilow, but I’m not embarrassed by any of it. 

3. What summer camp should they make for moms?

Start with a secluded, lake-front home.  Stock the fridge with every type of food you can imagine, from fruit to chocolate, burgers to prime rib, and make sure there’s a cook on hand ‘round the clock.  Then there should be limitless scrapbooking supplies available, as well as a giant HD TV and a full library of “chick flicks” (I’m particularly fond of Love, Actually and Music and Lyrics).  Bring in a masseuse.  There should be big, billowy mattresses covered with the softest linens.  Lastly—and this is the really important thing—don’t schedule anything.  Not one single minute.  Everyone is free to come and go as they wish, doing whatever they want, when they want, with no one to worry about except themselves.   Oh, and once you’ve got that set up, please be sure to book me a room.

4. What is the most romantic song? (Not necessarily your favorite or your wedding song...)

Wow, that’s hard.  Music is weird for me; my “favorites” ebb and flow with my mood, so to label one particular song the “most” anything is just about impossible.  I mentioned Air Supply earlier.  Their song, “The Power of Love” is way up there.  And Barry’s got a boatload of romance, but “Ready to Take a Chance Again” and “Weekend in New England” are pretty close to tops for him.  Dan Fogelberg did “Longer”.  Elvis has “Always on my Mind” and “Can’t Help Falling in Love”.  Johnny Mathis and “The Twelfth of Never”, Celine and “My Heart Will Go On”.  My gosh; the list could go on and on.  I can’t pick a “most romantic”.

But, while I wouldn’t call it “romantic”, I can tell you a love song that is the most sad.  The. Saddest. Ever.  “He Stopped Loving Her Today”.  Listen to it with a dry eye; I dare you.

5. Do you have an embarrassing pregnancy story?

Not really.  I was really worried my water would break somewhere publicly and that would’ve been embarrassing.  I don’t know how often that really happens, but it happens often enough in Hollywood that it concerned me.  Really, though, the worst thing was that my feet swelled like crazy, so I spent months wearing slippers everywhere I went, regardless of where it was or the clothes I was wearing.  Thank goodness I was pregnant in the summer; traipsing through rain and ice in slippers would’ve been a real downer.

That’s it for another week.  I’d love to hear your answers in comments, or see you add your own blog to the linky list below.  Remember:  the more the merrier.  Oh, and for those participating in the UBC, this is an easy way to get in an extra post to get just a little bit ahead.  You know, just in case.