Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Weight Loss Wednesday, February 12

 

Well, I’m only down half a pound since last week, which, if you’re keeping track, means only six pounds total.  I’d be depressed about that, but the truth is, since I’ve been sick since Saturday and not sticking to my food plan, I’m glad to still be down.  It’s a bad thing when you’re feeling achy and miserable and have a really sore throat so that the only thing that really sounds good to eat is a chocolate chip milkshake.  Not that that’s all I’ve eaten, mind you; I’ve tried to work in some fruits, veggies, and protein along the way, too.  But I have included a milkshake into my meal every day this week.  Not a great recipe for success, but a spectacular recipe for dealing with the crud.  I figure I’ll be ready to get back on the food wagon again just about the time the weekend rolls around and it’s my cheat days.  I’ll have to be a little more conservative this time around.

Also, I have worked out in my head when I’m going to get back to working out:  Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday.  Now, the bad part of that, of course, is that there will be no working out for me tomorrow, of that I’m quite certain.  Yesterday I slept until about 3:00pm, and today I could barely drag myself to work still.  I’m definitely on the mend, but just as definitely not mended yet.  Maybe by Saturday, though I can barely breathe enough to walk from one end of our office to another, so I’m not entirely counting on it.  But, if not Saturday, next Tuesday, for sure.  I’m hoping I’ll actually go to the gym each of those days, but, if not, I’ll break out the Leslie Sansone or something, but I’ve got to get committed to getting some activity in.  (By the way, Tanya, are you reading this?  Want to go with me to the gym on Tues/Thurs/Sat?)

Anyway, let’s take a look at the ridiculously low steps for this week, and then I’m going back to my favorite place lately, my nice warm bed.

Steps

Activities

Wednesday

7,246

Thursday

3,757

Friday

4,549

Saturday

3,851

Sunday

1,267

Monday

4,084

Tuesday

1,042