Thursday, March 28, 2013

Wellness Wednesday, March 27/28

 

 

Bed time 3-28-13

Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net


A very short post tonight, because it’s almost 6:00am, and I haven’t been to bed yet.  That’s what happens when you’ve got way too much homework to do.  And, incidentally, I think I’m getting way too old for these all-nighters!

And, I probably really shouldn’t be pulling all-night sessions on the day I’m supposed to be talking about my health and well-being, since I’m pretty confident that sleep deprivation isn’t on anybody’s list of things you ought to be doing.

Anyway, there are just a couple of things that have been on my mind lately.  First, for a couple of weeks or so now, I’ve been taking those green coffee bean extract pills.  Anyone else tried them?  They’re supposed to be great for weight loss.  (Yeah, I would so take any pill that seemed safe that would help me lose weight.)  Anyway, I think the jury is still out for me.  They haven’t really helped me lose weight, but I will say they seem to help keep my weight pretty stable, even when I’m eating terribly, so I guess that’s a plus.  They’re kind of expensive, but I think I’ll keep taking them for at least another month, and see how it goes.  Oh, and I haven’t noticed any side effects at all.

Second, as long as we’re talking about miracle weight loss approaches, I’ve been thinking about those body toning wraps.  I’ve known a couple of people who’ve tried them and say they actually do seem to work, but I just can’t wrap my head around it.  I guess my thing is that I could almost believe it would dehydrate a specific body part or something, to give you some sort of immediate visible results, but I can’t figure out how it could possibly have any long-term effect.  Unless you just kept doing it every few days for the whole rest of your life, of course.  But talk about expensive!

Still, those are the sorts of things I’m wondering about these days, if there’s any little added boost that can help me get jump started again.  I’m keeping my fingers crossed.  And if you know of any wonder-secrets, do let me know, won’t you?