Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Wellness Wednesday, March 13

 

So, I gained a few pounds during my weekend away.  I suppose that’s what happens when you give up what little routine you have and add extra meals and snacks into the mix.  I had hoped to make use of the hotel treadmill, but the workout room there kept very early hours, and my only available time was in the middle of the night.  That’s true of a lot of hotel gyms, even at fancier places than the La Quinta we were staying in, and I’ve never entirely understood why. 

But, thankfully, all but one of those pounds has come back off in the few days I’ve been back home, so I’m hoping to be back to where I was before the week is out.  But I still haven’t found the trick to working in a workout regularly, much less daily.  I’ve managed a few times to use the gym at school, but the times I can get there are times that I usually have to spend studying.  I do know the student president, so I’ve been lobbying her for a change of gym hours.  Their first argument was that the gym is staffed by student workers, so the hours are kept early to try to accommodate them.  I made the logical point that if it’s not too late for students to be in class learning, it’s probably not too late for students to be working, either.  She seems hopeful that it can be changed, but there’s some whole process for when the idea can be presented to the senate, so it doesn’t look like it’ll happen any time soon.

I’ve also been looking at Weight Watchers online, but I’m not sure that’s a whole lot different from what I was doing on my own—tracking calorie intake and output.  And what I was doing wasn’t costing me twenty bucks a month, either.  The problem, of course, is that that’s what I was doing, not what I am doing.  I can’t seem to find the motivation to do all that tracking, much less the workouts that create the calorie output.  Maybe the twenty bucks would give me that motivation, but I’m not sure I’m willing to risk it.

Of course, it doesn’t help that I never feel completely well, and that I’m always in some degree of pain, but I’ve pretty much decided that I am just going to have to find a way to deal with that.  At this rate, even if I pursue a surgical remedy for my health issues, it seems it will be after the semester, so another two months.  I know that I can’t continue what I’m doing for two months—especially when then there will be at least another two weeks or so of recuperation following surgery.  Nope, I’ve got to find something that will work for me now. 

If only I knew what that something is.

weight loss wednesday 1-23-13

 

 

 

 

 

 

Image courtesy of africa at FreeDigitalPhotos.net