Friday, March 29, 2013

Five Questions on a Good Friday

 

It’s Friday again, and I am glad the week is over.  I got most of my study guides put together, and filled out some scholarship applications for next semester (almost certainly a waste of time, but I couldn’t not try), but other than that, mostly took it easy today.  Now I’ve got two days to cram a whole lot of information into my brain before my mid-terms next week.

But I’m done thinking about it for the moment; it’s time to focus on Five Question Friday.

five question friday



1. How often should adults have birthday parties?

Well, I don’t know about full-on parties, but I think everyone should have a birthday celebration every year.  A favorite meal shared with family and friends, and a cake.  Everyone deserves at least that much.

2. What was your room decorated like when you were a child?

We moved to a new house when I was in fourth grade, and I got to pick my room.  Back in the day, new houses apparently came with curtains already installed, because the room I chose had long, red drapes that I just loved.  Beyond that, most of the decorations were just posters and pictures.  I had some Teen Beat idols, of course, but most of the things on my wall were Star Trek.

3. Do you have any traditions for Easter? If so, what? and do you have a why behind that?

We usually try to do some sort of simple family meal (picnic is always my preference, but the weather is rarely cooperative around here this time of year), and a little egg hunt. The only problem with the egg hunt is that we don’t have a big family of kids; Taylor’s the only child now, and I think he may have outgrown hunting eggs.  But, whether or not he’s outgrown it, I don’t think we’re going to manage a gathering this year.  My guess is Sunday will be spent doing homework.  Though maybe we’ll try and take my granny out to breakfast or something; Monday is her birthday, but we won’t be able to get together then.

4. Do you get Good Friday off? If so, any plans?

Well, I’m not currently working, and I don’t have class on Fridays, so I was off, but I don’t think that counts.  As for how the day was spent, see above.  And I truly mean no disrespect to those celebrating a holy day today, but, honestly, just having a bit of time to breathe made it a very good Friday for me.

5. Did you wear hats & white shoes to church on Easter? (Or was that just in the South?)

As I think I may have mentioned before, we’re practically heathens around here; no church services for us.  But, when we were kids, my sister and I did always get a new Easter dress—usually matching.  We might’ve gotten some white shoes, but rarely hats.

 

And that’s it.  Now, I think I will continue trying to clear some space off the DVR.  I’m currently in the middle of my annual tradition of being annoyed by March Madness and all its interruptions to my regular viewing—especially considering a pretty significant portion of my regular viewing takes place on CBS—but that did cut down on quite a few hours of television that were waiting on me. Not altogether a bad thing, since I do need to focus on school this weekend.

Hope you all have a happy weekend, and, if you celebrate Easter, may it be blessed.