Friday, March 8, 2013

Five Question Friday—Travel Edition

 

5QF comes to you this evening from lovely downtown Springdale, AR, which means I’ve survived the first segment of my weekend trip—the actual driving portion.  Actually, I dozed a bit on the way over, which probably made me not very good company, but even when I was awake, I was trying to study (probably what made me sleepy), so I don’t guess it made much of a difference.

Anyway, day one of the conference is completed and we’re settled back into our room.  I’ve taken a quiz (successfully, I might add), and uploaded the day’s pictures to the group Facebook page, so I figured I could take a break long enough to answer some questions.  So, let’s get to it.

five question friday



1. Does your family coordinate clothing for church on holidays like Easter?

Well, I guess I’m the heathen who has to point out what a presumptuous question this is, because we don’t go to church.  But, we do celebrate holidays, with no coordinated clothing.

2. How do you get out of a funk?

Good music, good TV, good friends.  Basically, I just surround myself with the things that make me the happiest.  It might take a while, but it usually works.

3. Online friends - real friendships or not?

They certainly can be.  Like anywhere else that you meet people, some of the relationships are deeper than others.  I have some very good friends that began as (and are still primarily) online friends.  I wrote about it briefly several years ago.

4. What is the one food you must eat in a restaurant (not make yourself)?

That’s kind of a tough one.  I’m sure I’ve mentioned that I’m not much of a cook, so I’d always prefer to eat in a restaurant.  Still, I can make most of the things I’d want to eat.  Though, I think we’ve discussed before that I don’t have a waffle maker, so I can’t have those at home.  And, I don’t ever cook just plain old pinto beans, mostly because Brian doesn’t like them.  So, beans and cornbread pretty much come from somewhere else.

5. What would happen in your home if you ran out of ketchup?

Nothing; we don’t use the stuff.  In the summertime, when we’re going to be making burgers and dogs and such with visitors over, I try to remember to buy some to have on hand, but usually people end up bringing their own or doing without. 

 

And that puts a wrap on the questions for this week.  I think we’re going to maybe find a late dinner somewhere and then get a good night’s sleep.  Thanks, as always, to Mama M for providing the questions.  Do share your thoughts in the comments below, and have a great weekend.