Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Lessons Learned

 

Many years ago, back when I had an office (a rarity in the customer service world), I had a poster hanging on my wall entitled, “All I need to know about life I learned from Star Trek”.  Trek Life PosterIt was always a nice conversation starter, especially because many of the lessons listed made sense to non-fans as much as they did to fans.  A couple of my favorites were:

  • Even in our own world, sometimes we are aliens.
  • When your logic fails, trust a hunch.

See, not many people who wouldn’t be able to find some common ground there. 

I was thinking about that poster the other day, though I’m not sure exactly why (I sort of think it was something on Big Bang Theory that spurred the thought), and it got me to wondering if there are lessons I’ve learned from other programs.  Well, that was a silly thought, because of course there were lessons; there are things to be learned from just about everything, really, and television is no exception.  So I thought I’d share a few of the ones that sprang to mind—some almost profound, some absolutely not so much . . .

What about you?  Got any life lessons gleaned from a favorite television show?

31 Days of TV