Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Weight Loss Wednesday, January 1

 

I’m sitting her now looking at my exercise clothes.  They’re sitting just next to me on the bed, because I was intending to spend a bit of time at the gym.  Instead, I’ve been hit pretty hard by tonight’s dinner, and I’m not feeling real comfortable with the idea of being too far away from necessary facilities.  So now, my clothes just mock me.

Still, though it’s been a fairly inactive week, I still managed to lose about 1.5 pounds, so I’ll take that any day of the week. 

And, of course, I would be remiss if I didn’t mention the significance of today, and the resolution I have made to myself.  Not surprisingly, it’s the same one I’ve made countless times before (and only managed to actually stick to once), but I’m trying it again.  Anyway, for 2014, I am resolving to be more healthy.  Naturally, for me, that will take the shape of losing some weight, but even beyond that, I just want to make sure that I’m more physically active than I’ve been lately, and that I eat sleep better than I’ve been doing.  By being consistent with those things, I will, of course, lose weight, but it’s really all about being healthier and just feeling better. 

So I’m not declaring a weight loss goal for the year (though I do have one overall: I’d like to lose approximately 70 pounds), I’m just declaring that I will make myself feel better this year.  The weight I lose in the process is going to be the icing on the cake.  Or the crouton on the salad.  You get the point.

What about you—any resolutions you’re pursing this year?

Steps

Activities

Wednesday

6,011

Thursday

11,948

35 mins treadmill; 2.52 miles

Friday

5,683

Saturday

10,954

51 mins treadmill; 3.75 miles

Sunday

5,625

30 mins treadmill; 1.6 miles

Monday

8,674

Tuesday

4,745