Monday, January 27, 2014

Snapshot Sunday, January 26

 

So, I don’t think that I’ve taken a single photograph since we returned from vacation, though I have seen a couple of beautiful sunsets and one morning the lake looked very picturesque with a sheen of ice covering it.

But, as I always do, I have seen many wonderful photographs.  (StumbleUpon, anyone?)  Really, I should share more of the pictures I come across here and there, not only because so many of them are simply stunning works of art, but because if you’re anything like me, they could take you so many places.

The one that really moved me this week came from this Stumble, which was actually full of really spectacular pictures.  But this one in particular spoke to me, inviting me to a world of endless possibilities. 

It’s called the tunnel of love, and it’s in Ukraine.  But what lies at the end of that train track?  A medieval castle?  An ice cold lake surrounded by an enchanted forest?  Another world?

tunnel_of_love


In truth, the tracks run to some sort of wood factory, but that’s not nearly as romantic as the other ideas, right?  I can’t say that I’ve ever had reason to want to travel to Ukraine (and certainly not lately), but this one place could make me change my mind.  I’d love to stand in this magnificent tunnel, even if only for a moment.  I’m quite certain the moment would be magic.