Thursday, September 19, 2013

Weight Loss Wednesday, September 18

 

Obviously, this has not been a good week.  I haven’t been sleeping well, eating right, or getting even a little bit of exercise.  And, to top off everything else, I’ve either pulled a muscle in my back or perhaps gotten myself a kidney infection; I’ll be heading to the doctor tomorrow to see what’s going on with that.

But, something else that’s new is that I started a new diet supplement last week.  I was taking green coffee bean pills for a while, but I kept seeing something else around online—Skinny Fiber—so I thought I’d give it a try.  I’m not too proud to try these things, as long as they don’t promise miracle results.  Some of the before/after stores people post are pretty amazing, but I completely recognize the truth of the standard disclaimer, “results not typical”.  But, like I said, I don’t even want to try a product that promises I can eat anything I want, sit on my butt 20 hours a day, and still end up looking like some runway model.  Even if such a pill were to work, I’m pretty sure it would be horribly unsafe.  No, I like things like Skinny Fiber that basically say, “yes you should eat right, yes, you should exercise more, but whatever small steps you’re taking toward improvement, we’ll help you out a little bit.”  I’m willing to give that sort of product a try.

So, anyway, I started taking the pills last Monday, so I guess it’s been ten days.  So far I’ve lost 3.2 pounds and 2 inches.  That’s certainly not earth shattering, but it’s the biggest movement I’ve seen in a while.  And, I’m not discounting the idea that my “not eating right” included a day or two where I didn’t really eat much to speak of at all.  My experience is that grief usually effects the waistline, you can just never tell which direction it might go.  At any rate, it’s been a bad week to judge anything, much less something new, but I’ll put myself in the “cautiously optimistic” column. 

I clearly haven’t been to the gym this week, and I don’t think I see a visit there in my near future, certainly not before next Monday, maybe later, just depending on where my head is at.  We’ll see what happens

 

Steps

Activities

Wednesday

7,369

--

Thursday

3,790

--

Friday

2,502

--

Saturday

1,709

--

Sunday

4,139

--

Monday

5,136

--

Tuesday

5,356

--