Friday, September 6, 2013

Day One. Again.


So, I fell asleep on the couch last night (thankfully after submitting my homework assignment), and when I woke up about 2:30am, I immediately stumbled off to bed.  But, just as I was laying my head on my pillow, I remembered what I’d been doing just before I dozed off—loading up the Live Writer to create yesterday’s post. 

I almost got back out of bed to make my way back into the living room and write it up.  I knew exactly what I was going to say; how long could it possibly take?   But, the reality is, it would take at least half an hour, possibly longer if I got distracted at all.  That would make it at least 3:00 before I’d be back in bed, and by then I’d be wide awake again, with no guarantee that I’d go back to sleep quickly.  Since my alarm goes off at six, that seemed pretty risky.

So, sad as it was, I made the decision that my much-needed sleep was more important than continuing a daily blog post, so once again, my streak has ended.  I didn’t even make it a year.  (But about ten months, which is a personal best for me.)  I’m continually impressed with people who can manage to post day after day, year after year.  People like Roger.  It’s because he’s more organized than I.  (Probably they all are, but I can’t say that for sure.)  Anyway, he’s been at it for something like five years now.  That really is impressive.

I may never make five years, but I will begin again today and see where it leads.