Monday, September 16, 2013

Bad Timing

 

So I’m wondering . . . are my relatives just completely dysfunctional, or is there always family drama when someone passes away?  I’ve heard others talk about some of the things they’ve gone through in the wake of a loss, so maybe it’s fairly common, but it seems like maybe this is the time families should come together and put aside differences, not make things more difficult on each other. 

I guess I get it though, at least to some extent.  Family members are stressed, and grieving, and we always strike out most easily at those we are most comfortable with, right?  And for most of us, that means family.  Besides, I guess there’s something to be said for the idea that if you can’t rely on family to put up with you even at your worst, who can you rely on?  And, I suppose one of the many things grief takes from us is our sense of timing.  But still, I don’t think it would be asking too much to let just a little bit of time pass before all the drama begins.   

ID-10078959

Image courtesy of scottchan at FreeDigitalPhotos.net