Friday, November 16, 2012

Snacks, Slimy Food, and Cuss Words

 

Friday has rolled around again, and next Friday will be the dreaded Black Friday; I really can’t believe how quickly time seems to pass these days.  And for sure this day is passing too quickly, and I need to get to bed since I’ve got one more early Saturday wake-up tomorrow for my last weekend class (yay!).

So, let’s check out 5QF, shall we?  Mama M is vacationing at the moment, so hosting duties are being filled by Kate; you can link up with her here

five question friday



1} What snack/drinks do you eat at the movies?

The thing my husband can’t seem to understand—even after more than a quarter century of living with me—is that going to the movies is about more than watching the movie.  It’s an experience, and nothing helps make that experience more than buttered popcorn.  So, that’s a must.  If I’m feeling particularly munchy, I also like to have a box of Junior Mints. I may have mentioned before, but when I was a kid, I used to drop the mints down into the bottom of the popcorn tub to float in all the butter before eating them.  Now that seems sort of gross to me; I still like to have both during a film, but not together.  Anyway, that’s the snack part, and it rarely varies, though occasionally I’ll mix it up with some Milk Duds or M&Ms.  For my drink, these days it’s usually a bottle of water.  I try not to drink so much soda anymore, and the theater I prefer has Pepsi (which I can’t abide) rather than Coke, so that makes it easier to do without.

2} What's one food you refuse to ever try?

There is no one food I refuse to try; there are lots of them.  One thing I know I must’ve said before is that I am a very picky eater.  I’m not saying that I’m particularly proud of it or anything, it’s just the way it is.  As a rule, I won’t try seafood, anything slimy, or anything stinky.  That’s not an all-inclusive list of things I won’t try, but it’s a pretty big start.

3} What's your favourite nail polish color?

I don’t wear nail polish, so I’m not really well-equipped to answer this question.  If I were going to wear it myself, it would be something completely demure, like a pale pink or simple French tips or something.  On others, I enjoy seeing bolder colors, but I don’t really care for multi-colored patterns, or shiny bling.

4} What is your favourite Thanksgiving tradition?

I don’t guess it’s really a tradition precisely, but I just like getting everyone together, having a nice meal, and visiting.

5} What are your least favorite words in the English language?

hmm.  Well, like most people, there are some curse words I’m not fond of.  In truth, I don’t do a lot of swearing myself, but I do live with an ex-sailor, so there aren’t too many variations I haven’t heard, but I do draw the line at the “C” word; unacceptable, as far as I’m concerned.  There are a couple others that I just don’t say, even when I do cuss, but don’t get too worked up if others do, like “gd” or the “F” word. 

I think that’s probably about it, though there are certainly some that conjure up less than pleasant thoughts:  bigotry, hatred, bully.  Any word that exists to describe mean-spirited behaviors or feelings isn’t going to be high on my list.

And there you have it; another week of Q&A wrapped up.  I’m sure the weekend will fly by, just like all the days have been doing lately, but we’re going to try and squeeze in at least a couple of specific things: seeing the Lincoln movie, and cutting the hole for my newly ordered cooktop, which should be here Tuesday.  (The existing space is just slightly too small.)  Other than that, it’ll be class tomorrow, and then homework.

What kind of plans do you have in store?