Friday, November 30, 2012

Five Questions and a Head Cold

 

I don’t know about you, but I was ready for this week to wind down.  I’ve never completely understood how a head can be completely clogged up at the same time a nose is drippy, but I know it slows me down.  I’ve got too much homework to do this weekend to slow down entirely, but I’m pretty sure I will have to make time for napping.

In the meantime, let’s check in with Mama M and see what sorts of questions we’ve got for this fine Friday.

five question friday

 

1. What do you give teachers for gifts?

Well, I don’t do that anymore, but when Billy was a kid we usually opted for something not particularly practical like a holiday décor item of some sort.  I always figured they were festive, not entirely impersonal, and at the end of the season, they could stuff it away in a closet without even a smidgen of guilt.

2. Do you text? One finger texter or total pro?

I do text, but I’m somewhere in the middle of the skill set.  It’s two thumbs for me, but I’m not fast.  And, somehow, though I’ve had my current phone for about nine months now, I still hit the I about half the time that I intended the O.  I like voice to text, though it’s not always precise and doesn’t punctuate.  But when you realize you need to send a quick message while you’re driving down the road, it can be pretty darn handy.  I’ll tell you what I never could master, though, and that’s the whole swipe texting.  Nope, I just don’t get that at all.

3. Do you give back during the holidays? If so, in what way/which is your favorite charity?

Not as much as I should, I’m sure, but I do try to take an angel or two off the tree at the department store and buy a gift for a child.  When Billy was younger, we always tried to get a boy that was his same age; now I usually get a boy and a girl.

4. If you would've been the sole winner of the 575+ million dollar Powerball jackpot, what would you have done with all that money?

Funny you should ask.  I just talked about that yesterday.

5. Will you please take just a moment to spread the word and pray about my friend's missing family members? There still is no news, and I can't imagine their pain and worry. Facebook prayer page: Prayers for Trista, Shy and Matt

I hadn’t heard about this, but it’s a sad story.  Not that there’s ever a good time for tragedy, of course, but it always seems worse during the holidays.  But, this seems the perfect time of year for miracles, so I hope for a happy ending.

 

And that’s it for this week.  You know, tonight’s Hallmark holiday movie seems a little cheesier than most, so I may just turn in early.  Good night, all.