Saturday, November 3, 2012

Late Night 5QF

 

Every day I keep thinking I will manage to get myself on a more regular schedule, and yet every day I find myself in the wee hours of the morning finally sitting down to put down the blog.  Why is that?  I don’t know, but I’ve got to find a way to fix it.  I’m making that a priority.  It’s 1:30 right now, and I’ve got to be up again at 5:30, so I’m thinking tomorrow is going to be a long day. 

And, when I go to school tomorrow, I’ve actually got to get dressed.  The ΦΘΚ (See? Still looking for an easier way to type that!) induction ceremony is tomorrow, and I have to leave directly from class to attend, so I have to be dressed presentably.  No hoodie and jeans tomorrow, which is too bad, since that’s really the only thing I feel like pulling on at six or so in the morning.  And, on top of all that, I’ll have to get notes from someone for the last couple hours of class.  I’ve mentioned how much I sort of don’t trust others with my grade, right?  But I suppose even some notes are better than no notes at all.

But, enough of that; time’s a wasting, and 5:30 is getting closer by the second.  Let’s get busy with Five Question Friday, shall we?

five question friday


1. What terrifies you the most?

That my son will not be able to find his way out of whatever kind of young-adult malaise he’s currently in and live a long and happy life.  Other than that, crazy axe murderers just hoping to become a “ripped from the headlines” episode of some crime drama.

2. Favorite fall/winter drink?

Hot chocolate, with lots of tiny marshmallows floating on top.  Or a big dollop of whipped cream; I’m not too fussy.

3. Do you and your spouse have the same political views?

Um, sort of.  We tend to end up at the same place with different ways of getting there.  Keeps things interesting.

4. What was the last book you read? Was it any good?

The sad truth is, if you discount text books, I don’t remember the last book I read, which maybe says that it wasn’t very good, but probably only says that I should get back to reading more.

5. Do you look forward to the snow each winter? Why or why not?

I look forward to snow in the theoretical sense.  I like to see snow; it’s pretty. And sometimes I even like to be out in snow, because it’s refreshing and free and makes me feel like a kid again.  But there are some problems. 

First, I don’t like to be cold, so that’s kind of a deal-breaker with snow.  And, I don’t like to drive in snow.  And I especially don’t like to drive in ice, and here we rarely get snow without ice.  And, lastly, I don’t like to lose electricity, which frequently happens at my house with snow/ice.  So, if I could stay home, in a well-lit and heated house and only go outside for a few minutes at a time to play then come back inside where it’s warm, then, you bet; I’d say bring on the snow.  But in actuality, what tends to happen is I get excited like a little kid at the idea of snow and then get all annoyed with the grown-up realities of dealing with it.

But, all that aside, I always want it to snow on Christmas.  Hardly ever does around these parts, but that doesn’t keep me from wishing.


And it looks like that’s it for this week.  I’m linking up, as always, with Mama M. over at My Little Life.  Pop on over and link up yourself, or leave your own answers in comments.  Playing along is fun.

Have a good weekend, everybody.