Saturday, November 24, 2012

It’s Friday, but No Questions

So, I just dropped in over at My Little Life to get the Five Question Friday hook up, only to discover . . . NOTHING.  Well, not nothing, really.  She has a post today, and it seems light and chatty and entertaining as always, but no questions.  Hmm.  Must be a holiday hiatus.

But, since I was planning on answering questions for my post today, I had absolutely nothing planned to chat about.  And, since my brain is fried from a day of cooking and cleaning and family visiting, I certainly am in no position to actually come up with anything close to profound at the moment.  So, instead of 5QF, today will just be 5 Random Things Friday. 


NO five question friday

  1. As I sit here writing this, I’m watching Camelot on TV.  As I’ve probably mentioned in the past, I’m something of a fan of musical theatre, and Camelot is my very favorite show.  Love, honor, friendship, betrayal—it’s got it all.  Plus some really great songs.
  2. My Christmas present to myself arrived today:  a FitDesk.  I’ve already got a nice enough recumbent bike, and I tried attaching a book holder/desk type thing to it so that I could do some multi-tasking, but it has some problems.  First, because the “desk” isn’t really made for that sort of equipment, it’s very difficult to use comfortably.  And second, my bike is where it belongs, in the exercise room.  Since I do most of my homework in the living room, I wanted something that would let me stay a little bit active while I’m reading (or watching TV) without isolating myself in another room.
  3. I’m not much of a “foodie”; I prefer just the basics, thank you very much.  Consequently, Thanksgiving meal for me is mostly turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, and rolls.  Oh, I usually have a tiny bit of corn, and maybe a green bean or two, but no yams, or stuffing, or cranberries, or any random casserole that might be brought over.  But I do try to make some things that I think others might like; today it was bacon-wrapped green beans and a sort of turtle cheesecake, though mini sized, in cupcake tins.  Both went over pretty well with the family, though Brian preferred the cheesecake without the extra caramel and chocolate toppings.  Knowing that would be the case, I’d saved him a few without the topping, because I’m nice like that.
  4. Tomorrow is the annual in-state football rivalry that around these parts is simply called Bedlam.  It’s a home game for us this year, so I have hopes that we may emerge victorious, but they are not high hopes.
  5. I hope to get our Christmas tree this weekend; we may finally end up with an artificial one.  Brian’s been wanting to do that for years but I have never liked them.  And, really, I still may not be able to make myself do it, because the only ones that I think look really good cost an awful lot of money.  I can buy real trees for a good 8-10 years (or more) for the cost of some of the best artificials.  We’ll see.

So there you have it.  Five random things that are rattling around my brain tonight.  And I’m wrapping up this post just as Arthur is knighting young Tom of Warwick, letting a very sad story have at least a hopeful ending, which seems fitting somehow.  So, remember:

“Ask every person if he’s heard the story, and tell it strong and clear if he has not,

that once there was a fleeting wisp of glory called Camelot. . .

Where once it never rained till after sundown; by 8am the morning fog had flown.

Don’t let it be forgot that once there was a spot, for one brief shining moment that was known as Camelot.”

 

Good night all, and happy weekend to you.