Friday, February 8, 2013

TGIFQF

 

The thing I’ve discovered about school this semester, is it makes me feel like the vast majority of working class, and I’m always ready for a big TGIF.  I slept a really long time, and, courtesy of my recently favorite medication, I was even able to go back to sleep after the phone woke me up—three times.  So yay for Fridays.  Not that it’s all slacking, of course; had to read a couple of chapters, brief a case, and take a quiz, so there’s that.

But, that’s all done for now, so let’s get to this week’s questions. 

five question friday


1. What holiday do you wish did not exist?

Well, that’s a little harsh.  I mean, I’ve got some that aren’t really important to me, but I don’t know if there are any I’ve ever wished didn’t exist.  Hmm.  I guess, in theory, I’m not particularly fond of President’s Day, but that’s just because I always figured if the country believes George Washington is important enough for a holiday (and you’d certainly never hear me say that he isn’t), then it ought to have been left on his actual birthday, and be referred to by his name.  Or, maybe it’s called Presidents’ Day, as some folks say we’re supposed to be celebrating both Washington and Lincoln, but I’m pretty sure it’s still officially George’s day.

2. What is your favorite romance/love movie?

Probably Love, Actually, though Music and Lyrics is pretty good, too.  Honestly, just about any Hugh Grant chick flick is okay by me.

3. Do you make a big production out of celebrating Valentine's Day?

Not really.  This year, I actually thought Brian and I were going to spend most of the day together at a retirement planning seminar (sexy, right?), but he told me just today that he had the date wrong, and it’s actually March 14th.  I’ve got class Thursday night, but Friday, we’re going to go see the new Die Hard movie in IMAX.  That’s about as major as things get around here these days.

4. What is something weird you did as a child? (or even now!)

That’s a pretty presumptuous question, don’t you think?!  Seriously, though, I think you’d probably be better off asking others about that, since I—like most everyone else—don’t really think of my own habits as weird.  Smile  When I was a kid, though, I did like to take apart radios and other small electronic things and see what was inside.  I don’t know if that was weird, but I don’t think I really learned anything from it, and I couldn’t get them back together, so I guess it was a little odd.

5. What makes you love your husband, really LOVE him, you know since Valentines is coming up?

I think probably just the depths of his concerns.  He’s not a touchy-feely kind of guy, and he doesn’t express a lot of feelings on a regular basis, but there’s never any doubt that Billy and I are his primary considerations in the choices he makes.

As always, if you want to play along, drop by Mama M’s and link up, or just leave your answers in the comments below.

Thanks for dropping by, and I hope your Fridays were as relaxing as mine, and that you’ve got grand things in store for the weekend.