Friday, February 22, 2013

Sleepy Day 5QF

 

Friday is apparently becoming my rest-up day.  I slept really late (like, into the afternoon hours late), then still dozed a bit later on, and am feeling that I’ll be in bed a bit earlier than usual tonight.  Brian is worried that this could be the early onset of his fluish crud, especially since I’ve had a scratchy throat for a couple of days, but I’m hoping it’s just the end-of-week run down.  I especially hope that because I’ve got an awful lot of homework to get done in the next couple of days.

In the time I’ve been awake, though, I’ve been fascinated by a streaming feed of a nesting great horned owl.  She’s living just up the highway in Oklahoma City, and it’s the second year I’ve watched her bring new owls to the world. She has two eggs, and one of them hatched today.  It’s very cool, and if you’d like to drop in on Mrs. Tiger and her babies yourself, you can find them here.

But, in keeping with the idea of that early bedtime, let’s get moving to this week’s questions, courtesy of Mama M.

five question friday

 


1. What is a hobby you would love to learn and why?

I’ve always wanted to learn how to play the piano.  A guitar would be okay, too, but mostly the piano.  I’m not sure why, other than I love music and I think it would be cool to be able to make some.  When I was a kid, I always thought my friends who had pianos in their homes were so lucky.  I bought myself an electronic keyboard one time years ago, but nothing ever came of that.  Maybe some day when I’m old and gray, I’ll take some lessons.

2. What do you wish you could have delivered to your house but does not deliver?

Pizza.  When I lived in town and could have pizza delivery from any number of places, I used to wish all sorts of food could be delivered, but these days, I’d do just about anything for a pepperoni with extra cheese.  Did I ever tell you that pizza was so important to me that when we were house shopping off the beaten path, I called to make sure someone would actually deliver to our proposed new address?  Well, I did, and one place told me we would be inside their delivery zone.  Once we were moved, it didn’t take long to find out I had been given incorrect information.  The manager was very apologetic, but not so much that he was willing to send someone out with a pie.  I can’t say for sure that knowing no pizza could be delivered would have been a total deal-breaker for choosing our current house, but I sure would’ve had to think about it a lot harder.

3. What's your favorite snow day activity? Inside and out?

Well, we don’t really get that many snow days around here, and when we do, I prefer to stay indoors since I’m not much of a cold person.  But the one thing that will encourage me to bundle up and walk around outdoors a bit is the opportunity to take pictures.  When we get enough snow to be picturesque, it’s a pretty rare occasion, so it needs to be documented.  And the more normal “snow” day in these parts is really caused by a lot of ice, and that’s often worth a few photos, too, because it can be really pretty.  Indoors, I like to do what I always like to do indoors: watch some cool TV. 

4. Would you meet a stranger from an Internet dating site?

That’s a tough one.  My instinct is to say no, but the truth is, if I was dating these days, I probably would check out the online options.  I’ve made some really good friends online, so I know it’s possible to connect in a real way in the virtual world.  And as for the romantic part, my older sister met her husband online, and my BFF, Kim, met her fiancé on Facebook.  I’d probably give it a try, but you can bet there would be an awful lot of dates that would be held in public places, arriving by separate cars, just to make sure I wouldn’t end up some sort of ripped-from-headlines story for Law and Order or Criminal Minds.

5. If you had to spend 35 hours in a car with 4 other people, who would you choose?

Well, I sleep a lot on long car trips, so it would probably really be a question of who would put up with me!  But, if the choice was mine, I guess I’d say Brian, Tanya, and Kim, for sure.  I’d reserve naming the fourth person until I figured out where what was waiting at the end of the 35 hours!

 

And that’s it for tonight.  I think I’ll go check in on Mrs. Tiger one last time and then hit the sack. Happy weekends to you all.