Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Weight Loss Wednesday, June 19

 

Man, it’s becoming a standard refrain around here, but I am operating on far too little sleep these days.  Right now, I’m getting by on about 10ish hours over the past 48, and I’m on track to add five or six more to that total tonight.  I feel a major crash coming on when Friday evening finally rolls around.  I’m still very glad that I’ll only have two classes left to finish next semester, but carrying nine hours this summer in conjunction with a brand new job is definitely taking its toll.

And, literally every single day I say to myself “tonight is the night I’ve got to get a workout in”, intending to at least pop in a walking video or something and squeeze in thirty minutes of a fitness regimen.  And yet, every single day, I find that whatever energy I have must be devoted to cranking out the day’s homework, and then with my last moments of wakefulness, I manager to post whatever chit-chat is on my mind here.  Nights I don’t have school, I manage to throw together an evening meal for the two of us, but beyond that, nothing else.  I’m still hoping to find the fortitude to change something.

Maybe sheer desperation will ultimately do the trick, as this week I gained 1.5 pounds.  I’m hoping it’s a short-term spike, driven primarily by today’s more-than-usual exhaustion along with a very late dinner last night, but who knows?  Certainly so much butt-time is not helping.  Wish me luck.

 

Steps

Activities

Wednesday

5,107

--

Thursday

6,030

--

Friday

5,550

--

Saturday

1,410

--

Sunday

5,421

123 minutes fitdesk

Monday

4,338

--

Tuesday

6,973

--