Friday, June 7, 2013

I Love it When a Plan Comes Together

 

Well, okay, plan is probably pushing it just a little bit.  We all know that my idea of major planning is making sure my DVR is set up properly, and sometimes I even mess that up.  But, I do kind of believe in a grand plan of some sort, that there’s a positive force in the universe that would prefer things generally work out for the best.  (Yes, I know that plenty of things do not work out well at all, much less for the best, but I still think that’s the plan, even if it doesn’t always work out that way.)

Anyway, it’s with thanks to that positive universal force that I say this week has been going pretty darn well.  I mean, yeah, I’m worn out from adjusting to a new job, but beyond that, things are looking good.  First, of course, I have a job again, which is a major plus.  And, early indications are that it’s a job I will enjoy, which is also a good thing.  I’m learning a lot about how things are run in the office, and tomorrow I get to sit in on my first client interview.  I’m looking forward to that.

Yesterday I got home from work to find a letter from COALA, our local paralegal association, advising me that I’d won their scholarship for this year, so I was pretty excited about that.  It’s not a large scholarship, but it ought to cover my books for next semester, which is great.  I have been out of work a while, and while our single income was certainly keeping us going, there’s no doubt school costs are a bit of a burden, even if it’s a worthwhile burden.  So yay for COALA.

And then today I got an email from the school letting me know I’d won a tuition waiver scholarship for next semester.  How great is that?!  Between the two of them, my fall (and final) semester should be totally covered.  Whoo-hoo!

And, on top of all that, my two on-campus classes seem like they’re going to be really interesting, and my online class—the dreaded math credit—has started off okay so far.  Of course, I’m not kidding myself; I know it’ll get harder before it’s all said and done, but I managed perfect scores on the first couple of homework assignments, and impressed the teacher with the little written blurb that we had to turn in for our very first assignment.  I can deal with that. 

So, yeah, I really do love it when a plan comes together, even if it wasn’t really my plan to begin with.


ID-10041760


Image courtesy of digitalart at FreeDigitalPhotos.net