Friday, January 4, 2013

Five Questions for the New Year

 

Well, here we are at the first Friday of the new year, which can only mean the first visit with Mama M. of 2013.  If you’ve never checked out her Five Question Friday, here’s how she describes it: 

Welcome to Five Question Friday!! You've come to the right place if you want a fun, easy post or if you've suddenly discovered your muses are recovering from the holidays.
Rules for 5QF: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then watch for the linky post to appear Friday morning and LINK UP!
Oh, and remember (pay close attention...this is the important one)...HAVE FUN!

So, if you’d like to play along this week—or every week—do pop on over and join in. 

It’s also day 4 of the Ultimate Blog Challenge; still plenty of time to join up if you fancy a month of meeting new bloggy friends.  There’s a lot of business blogging going on over there, and a little bit of just about everything else.  Even if you don’t want to join the challenge, if you’re looking for new things to read, you ought to check out their list of participating blogs. 

But now, let’s get to the questions.

five question friday


1. Have you set any goals/resolutions for 2013?

Yeah.  Mostly it’s about weight loss/fitness; I’ve got 50 pounds I’d like to drop.  My guess is there’ll be more about that showing up in these posts as the year rolls along.  I’ve got some other things; you can read a brief listing of some of them here.

2. Have you made any travel/vacation plans for 2013?

Only tentatively.  There are a couple of travel opportunities coming up for ΦΘΚ conferences that I hope to be able to take advantage of.  Also, this summer will be the 5th anniversary of Brian Keith’s star being installed on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.  A group of friends is planning a trip out to LA to commemorate the event, and I hope to be able to join them there.  Also, while I haven’t told Brian yet, and it really wouldn’t be until 2014, but since I hope to graduate in December, I also hope to treat myself to a congratulatory vacation somewhere afterward. 

3. What room is never cleaned in your house?

Billy’s room pretty much falls into that category.  But, he’s grown, and I’m not going to nag him to pick up his laundry.  Of the rooms that I should be responsible for, I’d say the “study”.  Really, it’s not a room we use for anything more than storage, and it looks it.

4. What food must be in your house at all times?

Milk, cereal, bread, butter.  A bowl of cereal with some toast to go with is one of my meal staples.  

5. Are you a hugger or more of a hands off person?

I’m kind of in-between.  I’ve got absolutely nothing against hugging, though I’m not an effusive person by nature in any aspect of my personality, including physically, so I’m rarely the initiator of a hug.  Also, I worked in call centers for a really long time, and the HR people in that environment strongly discourage supervisors making any sort of physical contact.  I really wasn’t very good at following that rule entirely, but they did drum some of it out of me.

As always, thanks for dropping by for this week’s questions, and have a great weekend.  Oh, and the Sooners finally have their bowl game tonight (thus the earlier posting today, since I’ll need to be a little more focused on the television), and most folks think we’re going to come out on the losing end of the contest.  So, if you don’t mind, take a few minutes this evening to say BOOMER SOONER!