Saturday, June 20, 2009

To Save or Not To Save (Feb. 2, 2006)

A couple of days ago, I thought it was time to clean out my inbox just a little. I never get rid of stuff, because I always think I might need it again. But I decided to give it a try. I didn’t get very far, though. You know how it is, you start glancing through to make sure you don’t really need what you’re about to throw away, and the next thing you know, you’ve used up all your time reading stupid little electronic jokes or something.

So, today I decided to buckle down. I tossed out 1439 messages. Seems like quite a feat to me. But, even with that, I’ve got 1748 remaining. And don’t even get me started on the messages I’ve actually got categorized into separate folders because I know I don’t want to part with those. I tallied them all up, just out of curiosity, and if you include my sent items (because I don’t delete those, either), I have a grand total of just over 6500 messages.

I’m pretty sure there are others who are in similar situations, so it’s not that I’m the only odd one out here. But still, I think it might be some kind of strange manifestation of OCD, or something. I’d ask you to write and assure me that I’m not the only one suffering this bizarre malady, but then I’d just have more messages to store.