Monday, March 24, 2014

Snapshot Sunday, March 23

 

Spring brings a lot of good things, even if it is also the season of March Madness.  One of the good things it brings is baby season down at the horse farm that I drive past every day.  Some years they have a whole bunch of little foals running about, but this seems to be a slow year.  Brian says he’s seen two little babies, but I’ve only seen one, and only from very far away. 

Today, he was a little bit closer to the road, and I got to see the little cutie better than I had before.  As you might imagine, baby is never far from mama, especially when it’s feeding time.  And, if he’s like most babies, it’s almost always feeding time!P1070119

P1070116                                                




On a completely different topic, after two long months of waiting, I finally received the results from my CP exam, and I am thrilled to report that I passed!  I was really excited about the idea of changing my signature block, but the more I’ve thought about it, the more I’ve realized it’s actually going to pose some problems.  Within the industry, the terms “paralegal” and “legal assistant” are used interchangeably.  Unfortunately, though my official designation makes me a certified paralegal, our firm uses the LA terminology.  Because it is critical, both legally and ethically, that I always ensure there is  no confusion about my non-lawyer status, I’m require to designate my title in my signature block.  So, I have to decide if it causes too much confusion to stick a CP after my name, and then designate myself as a LA, or if I should break with the tradition of the firm and simply designate myself as a paralegal.  Decisions, decisions.  Still, it’s a decision I’m thrilled to be faced with at this point, since I was convinced I would need to re-take at least one section of that exam.  I am pleased as punch to have it over with.

CP