Friday, September 21, 2012

Video Therapy

 

You Tube

 

Yesterday, when I posted about Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Miss Riki commented that one of the songs was a favorite pick-me-up for her. (BTW, have I mentioned how much I really appreciate comments?)  That comment got me to thinking.

Music has always been a go-to source of happiness for me, especially on down days, when I need a little help to get that old chipper feeling back.  Growing up, I had transistor radios, records, and tapes (8 track and cassette) to get the job done.  Then came CDs and iPods.  All of them were/are great at bringing me my favorite tunes, brightening even my darkest days. 

Then, several years ago ( in 2005, to be precise), a wonderful new website came into being.  YouTube.  You can find all sorts of things on YouTube: music, movies, television shows, commercials, weddings, proposals, animals . . . you name it, I bet someone has uploaded a video of it.  And the best part?  It’s a new tool for bringing sunshine into an otherwise dreary day.  You watch enough peppy song videos, cute kids, and fuzzy animals, and I guarantee you’ll get that pep back in your step and turn your frown upside down. 

There are a lot of my favorite pick-me-up songs there, including this one, but those aren’t usually the ones I turn to for my YouTube fixes.  But there are a couple of videos that I go back to time and time again, because they never fail to make me smile.  I thought I’d share them with you, and hope that they make you feel as good as they do me.


Evolution of Dance:  A wordless comedy routine set to music.  This was probably the first YouTube video I ever really fell in love with, and I’ve been watching it for years.




JK Wedding Entrance Dance:  A processional filled with love and fun; a non-traditional way to begin a wedding ceremony, but the very best way to begin a life together.


 

And, lastly, if you’ll allow me a moment of shameless self-promotion, Hardcastle and McCormick—I’ll Be There for You.  For a long, long time, I wanted to learn how to make fanvids.  Originally, because I’d seen them at Star Trek conventions, and it just seemed like a lot of fun.  Eventually, though, they were popping up all over, in fandoms far and wide, and they still looked like a lot of fun.  Finally, I got myself some software and just sat down and did it.  It’s the only one I’ve ever done, and I think it turned out okay, so I go back and watch it once in a while, mostly when I need to remind myself that a little bit of perseverance and concentration can usually get you where you want to be.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



Do you have any special YouTube videos that you particularly enjoy?