Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Eternal Constant

 

change 9-4-12

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Image credit:  Stuart Miles / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

You know how every month (heck, almost every day) is designated as National-Something-Or-Another?  Sometimes serious, sometimes fun, and sometimes just enough to make you wonder who was smoking what when the monthly designations were being handed out, right?

I don’t usually pay a whole lot of attention to whatever the monthly celebration might be, but this month happens to be Self-Improvement month.  And, since I’m still struggling with getting back on board the weight loss wagon, it seems like maybe this is one I ought to tune in to.

Plus, back in July, during the Ultimate Blog Challenge, one of the participants posted about Healthtember, an interesting idea of a month of positivity.  I usually try to be a pretty optimistic person, but I can certainly admit I’ve been struggling with that lately, as well.  And I don’t think it’s a coincidence that my lack of positive mindset and regaining of weight have occurred simultaneously.   Clearly, it’s time for me to make a change.

So, what better time to really buckle down than National Self-Improvement Month?  Might as well give it a try, right?  The past week or so has already seen some very minor changes for the better, as I’ve gotten involved with school and had things to do other than sit around and feel sorry for myself.  I’ve gotten in a few days of C25K, and been on the stationary bike most days.  Still haven’t gotten the food intake part anywhere close to under control, but one step at a time.  And now, I’ve got a whole month’s worth of days specially designated for those steps; I think I’ll try to take advantage of them.

What about you?  Any changes you’d like to make for Self-Improvement Month?