Friday, May 3, 2013

Five Questions, but Only One Book

 

It’s Friday, that half-slack, half-homework day.  Probably should’ve been more homework this week, since tomorrow it’s up to Tulsa for BFF Kim’s wedding.  I think I’ll be taking the laptop along to do some work on the drive since I get to be a passenger. 

But let’s get right to the questions presented by Mama M

five question friday


1. What is your next home improvement goal?

Well, we bought a microwave just today, does that count?  No?  Okay, we also have a retaining wall out back that has recently cracked.  As far as home improvement goes, it’s not sexy, but it will likely have to be repaired sooner rather than later.  Though I’ve just recently been revisiting some photos of a really cool workout room someone posted on Facebook.  I tell you, it’s cool enough that I think it could really get me motivated again.  Here, let me show you one of the photos:

552366_421163237897761_79225975_n

How cool is that?  I’d link you to the rest of them, but they’re in a closed group, so I don’t think you can see them there, but I think Mary wouldn’t mind me showing off her gym a little bit.  Anyway, really, who wouldn’t want to work out in a room like that?  Maybe when I’m working again (I mean at a job, not in the exercise sense) I’ll spring for something nifty for my own workout room.

2. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be? No religious texts (ie Bible, Quran, Torah, etc, etc)...

Ummm . . . I have no idea.  I mean, literally, no idea.  How do you pick just one?  I don’t even read all that regularly these days, but I still don’t think I could think of a book that I’d want to read over and over again forever, or serve as the last book I ever read.  Too much pressure. 

3. What is on top of your refrigerator?

Some bread baskets and a couple of large cups, I think.  And, if we’re being honest, probably some dust. 

4. What are your favorite or most used phone apps?

Well, the ones I use the most often are the weather and Facebook apps.  The ones that are probably my favorite are Grocery List and Clear Checkbook, because they’re both really helpful for daily stuff.  And just lately I’ve been enjoying spending some time with 4 Pics 1 Word.

5. What's the one thing you hate most about your spouse’s job?

That he doesn’t enjoy it more.  I mean, there’s a fundamental aspect that he really likes, but—like most jobs—there’s a lot of bureaucracy, and that part makes him crazy and makes it hard for him to do the parts he really likes.  (And he works for the government, so you can imagine it’s a lot of bureaucracy!) 

And that’s it for tonight.  Can’t be up too late since we have to be up and on the road by 9ish tomorrow morning for the big wedding day.  For us night owls, that’s like the crack of dawn!

Happy weekend to you all.